Friday, January 1, 2010

The Rag Coat Day 1

Today we read The Rag Coat and Silver Packages. I can't recommend Silver Packages enough either as a great Christmas book or a great go along for The Rag Coat. We then found the Appalachian Mountains on the map and looked at how many states this mountain range covers.



I decided to focus mainly on quilts today. I have a couple of quilts and we spread them out on the floor and really looked at the material and sewing. One of the quilts I knew the story to and the other quilt is probably over 100 years old and we know nothing about it, so we looked at each piece and thought about what that fabric might have origianlly been used for.



We read about the actual Santa Train. We talked about how neat it would be to send a gift that would be on the Santa Train and put into the hands of a child in need. I think we might make this a yearly read around Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment